Re: [aroid-l] A good year for Arum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A good year for Arum
  • From: Marc Gibernau gibernau@cict.fr
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:54:35 +0200

Dear Petra,

I found your comments on Arum very interesting, because in the natural range of this genus, such carnage of pollinators are not documented. Whatever is the fly pollinator: Psychodidae, Sphaeroceridae, Ceratopogonidae, Chironomidae and even if hundreds of them can be captured.
So I wonder what kind of insects have "your" Arum captured?
May be this disfunction is due to a non-adaptation of the local insect fauna to this "exotic" species.

Sincerely yours,

Marc Gibernau
Laboratoire d'Evolution & Diversité Biologique (FRE 2629)
Universite Paul Sabatier
118 Route de Narbonne - Bat 4R3-B2
31062 Toulouse Cedex 4
Tel: (33)-05-61-55-67-43