Re: [aroid-l] Alocasia zebrina reticulata

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Alocasia zebrina reticulata
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:15:19 +0000

From: Leslie Georgeson <skinnychick2@yahoo.com>
To: aroiders <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Subject: [aroid-l] Alocasia zebrina reticulata
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:24:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,<<

Dear Leslie,

I suggest that you invest in a copy of Deni Bown`s book "Aroids" available from the IAS web site, lots of info on this and other Aroids within this most wonderful book. Under the right growing conditions it can get BIG ( 5-6' +), and yes, it produces offsets/corms. This plant is commonly available at the Sept. show and sale in Miami, and I`m sure that it also is available from on-line vendors such as 'plantnut', etc. The growers/vendors can be found by surfing the IAS site also.
Godd luck!

Julius

I've been trying to find information on Alocasia zebrina reticulata. I acquired a specimen about a year ago and it has been doing quite well. However, I really don't know anything about this plant. It is growing indoors in a room lit with flourescent lighting, and is now about three feet tall. How tall can I expect this species to get? Does it produce offsets like other Alocasia species? Is is actually a hybrid? If so, of what?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Leslie