Re: [aroid-l] Symplocarpus

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Symplocarpus
  • From: "Susan Cooper" <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:12:14 -0400

Well, much excitement on our walk this morning.  We walked by a ravine
and I had Harry hold the dog while I climbed down to look at a plant-
Symplocarpus foetidus.  Very exciting!  There were a few in bloom,
although most were past their prime.  The best bloom I saw was directly
in a small stream of water.
This is the first time I've seen one in "the wild", although I've lived
in this area all my life.  I think the stuff we called "skunk cabbage"
as kids wasn't Symplocarpus, it had leaves more like a rhubarb.
yours with wet tennis shoes,
Susan