Re: [aroid-l] Flowering season for asian Amorphophalluses

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Flowering season for asian Amorphophalluses
  • From: "Chanrit Sinhabaedya" <siamanthus@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:15:50 +0000

In addition for Thai Amorphs, the flowering time are variable depends on species.
For example, A. obscurus is always flowering in late dry season or beginning of rainy season while A. polyanthus which is naturally grow in the same area flowering in the late of rainy season.

I'm not sure if this is a natural interbreed prevention, very interesting.

Chanrit Sinhabaedya Bangkok, Thailand.