Re: [aroid-l] Dead Horse Arum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dead Horse Arum
  • From: "Alan Galloway" <alan_galloway@ncsu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:48:06 -0400

Tsuh Yang,

I guess I could say that I cleaned the flower before taking pic #14, but
that wouldn't
be truthful.  Pic #13 and Pic#14 are pictures of 2 different
flowers.....with pic #13 taken
after pollen had dropped and with pic #14 being taken before pollen had
dropped.

As for those tentacles, I would think it keeps insects from escaping, but
I'll leave
the correct and botanical explanation  to those that know it.

Alan