Re: [aroid-l] Off topic Marcrgavia ID please.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Off topic Marcrgavia ID please.
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce@myjaring.net>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 12:05:40 +0800

Hi Michael

Rhaphidophora hongkongensis is widespread from Hong Kong though south and
southwest China through northern Vietnam, Lao PDR, Thailand and Myanmar.
It's one of a group of species (to which belongs R. montana, maingayi,
elliptics, etc) with stems rectangular in cross-section, petiole sheathes
extendig to the tip of the petiole and thence ligulate and overhanging the
leaf laminae. Leaf lamiane are always simple and frequently oblique. Leaf
development is heterophyllous but with juveniles with the laminae congensed
and sub-shingling. Infloresences are carried at the tips of usually
much-branched, pendent, free lateral shoots.

Very best wishes and good growing

Pete