[Aroid-l] No Amorphs this year.............. :-(

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] No Amorphs this year.............. :-(
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:00:46 +0200

Dear friends,

I have had to decide that there will be no major Amorphophallus distribution
via aroid-l this year. During recent years, shifting interest in the
previous location of the collection has taken its toll and many species did
not multiply as well as usual and I am building up plants again now that I
have the collection in my own hands. Also the Hamburg University in Germany
has volunteered to build up an entire duplicate collection and there is a
student studying the DNA of Amorphophallus there. I value that greatly so I
am reserving much material for that purpose. Inevitably a collection will
decline after the "master" is gone and that will happen at some point.

I guess this is somewhat of a disappointment to some of you. In the long
run, this whole distribution is also a very time- and energy consuming
business and every consecutive year I noticed that more and more people
never replied again after they got their materials. Maybe I will change the
procedures next time and see if I can do it a lil' more efficient........ I
don't want the good guys to suffer by the hands of the "bad" guys.

Aroid-l mailing list