[Aroid-l] Epipremnum aureum 'Jade Queen' variegation

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Epipremnum aureum 'Jade Queen' variegation
  • From: Eric Schmidt leu242@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:10:23 -0700 (PDT)

There was a discussion awhile back about Eipremnum
aureum 'Marble Queen', that noone has sen mature ones
growing up trees. That has been my experience, they
lose the white variegation and revert to green. Here
at Leu Gardens we have a E. aureum 'Jade Queen' that
has a brnach that is showing white variegation. It is
growing up a Livistona chinensis (Chinese Fan Palm).
The main stem is about 30ft up the palm. It has a
couple of side branches that came off the main stem a
few inches off the ground. One of these branches is
the variegated one. Here are some photos;the leaves
are about 12 inches in length, the shrub behind it is
a Camellia japonica, the Camellia leaves give scale.

CLOSEUP
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/leuaroid/detail?.dir=/6c95&.dnm=1f47.jpg&.src=ph

VARIEGATED BRANCH
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/leuaroid/detail?.dir=/6c95&.dnm=7528.jpg&.src=ph