[Aroid-l] (no subject)

Hello fellow Amorph lovers of the world,
I've been working with a fellow in Thailand to try and get a few species of Amorphophallus imported and have been successful in locating a few species that you may be interested in which I have listed below.  While some of these are at my house now, most will be shipped in about 2-3 weeks time.  Wilbert has helped with the ID on a few of these (thanks Wilbert) and in particular I think the Am. scaber should be commented on.  This has been collected in N. E. Thailand and apparently represents a new distribution pattern for this species which is quite exciting!  The Pseudodracontium was also collected in N.E. Thailand and is quite common there I'm told so I do not know if it is an import for the food market (these are reportedly eaten as vegetables in that part of the country) or is a naturally occuring species.  Please e-mail me directly (plantguy@zoominternet.net) if you are interested in any of these and I can send along pictures for your perusal.  All of the tubers are blooming size and have already bloomed this spring to verify the ID of the species.
Am. corrugatus
Am. crudassianus
Am. kachinensis
Am. longituberosus
Am. macrorhizus
Am. scaber
Am. yunnanensis
Pseudodracontium sp.
I will also be getting in some species from Australia a bit later in the year if anyone is interested in these as well.
Am. galbra (Darwin River, Daly River and Kululuk forms)
Am. paeoniifolius (Daly River and Darwin River; these have the wonderful yellow ring around the spathe that the variants from Aus. are known for)
Dracontium sp. (this species grows to about 3 meters, but has still not flowered to produce an ID)
Thanks so much for allowing this advertisement.
Best wishes to all and I hope everyones Amorphs are happily breaking dormancy,
Daniel Devor
Gibsonia, PA (zone 5b/6a and very warm today)
Aroid-l mailing list