RE: [Aroid-l] Philo ID

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philo ID
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:49:13 +0000

Dear Brian,

It really looks like P. mayoi. Have it already flowered? If so, please, post the pictures of flowers in your page and let us know.

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas
Sala M-206, QS 7, Lote 1, EPTC
CEP 72030-170, Taguatinga – DF, BRAZIL.

From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject: [Aroid-l] Philo ID Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:21:51 -0400

I may be corrected on this but a few years ago at the aroid show this philo was brought up in discussion. It has been sold for years with no name and was from what I gather rediscovered by Simon Mayo. It was given the name Philo mayoii the plant is really easy to grow with segmented leaves with maroon to dark purple looking stems. Here are photos off of my website I believe Eduardo or Tom was in this discussion when it took place maybe they have some more info they can add to it.

link to pics
http://www.cloudjungle.dns2go.com/DotNetNuke/DesktopDefault.aspx?&tabid=47&path=Araceae/Philodendron/Philo%20Mayoii