Re: Anthurium Marie with infloresence

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium Marie with infloresence
  • From: "Denis" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:40:53 -0400

Title: Message
Anthurium 'Marie' as you have it in single quotes is probably the best way to write it, since we do not know what the true parentage is. I threw in the "x" to indicate that it is not a true species but rather a hybrid of unknown parents. No, i do not think it is registered with ICRA. Nor do I know if it was patented or the name was trademarked but I doubt if either of these methods was used. the plant does not have broad enough horticultural appeal for another lab to jump on it and pirate this plant. Steve should be able to afford the expense to register the cultivar with the ICRA. These are good questions for Steve Nock... I'll ask him the next time he is in.