Growing Aroids in Planted Ripariums

I have been so busy that I haven't been back here in a while. I have a fun
update for one of my riparium setups so I thought I would send a note with
a few pictures and explanations.

I have growing Cyrtosperma johnstonii in my 50-gallon tank and it makes an
amazing centerpiece for a layout with other emergent aquatic plants. Here
is a picture from a while back that shows the C. johnstonii in the whole
riparium layout.

http://hydrophytesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/28-ii-10-tank-v-m.jpg

And this shot shows the wonderful pink, gold and green-patterned leaf of
this plant.

http://hydrophytesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/28-ii-10-cyrtosperma-johnstonii-i-m.jpg

There is another new leaf opening up. The plant is now getting to be about
30" tall and I had to raise up the light fixture up again to make room for
it

The next shot shows the remarkable leaf petiole bases, which have a purple
snakeskin pattern and many (not especially sharp) curved spines.

http://hydrophytesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/3-iv-10-cyrtosperma-johnstonii-ii-m.jpg

You can see in this picture that there are also a number of new little
suckering plantlets growing around the base. This plant can apparently
grow to >6' tall eventually, but it should be a simple matter to just keep
taking those divisions from the base and starting them as the main stalk
gets to be too large on older plants.

This main plant really will get to be too large for the riaprium enclosure
by the time that it grows another new leaf. I might try to repot it and
grow it in a sheltered spot outside, but i will also keep growing those
new starts in the riparium.