Re: Aroid Meeting in Berkeley on Sunday 4/11

  • Subject: Re: Aroid Meeting in Berkeley on Sunday 4/11
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:30:51 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

  Just an update for those on the fence about attending:

  It looks like Dylan Hannon from the Huntington Botanical Gardens will be coming up to this meeting to give a talk on Colombia and some of the many Aroids therein.  Colombia is right in the center of tropical Aroid diversity, and has been a difficult place to visit, so Dylan's talk will be an unique opportunity to learn more about this fascinating area.  Dylan also mentioned he would be bringing a few plants from the collection at the Huntington to share.

  I should also mention that in deference to Dylan's slides, we'll be meeting in the main part of the conference center down by the tropical house, not the glassed in area.  Hope to see you all there!

--Albert