Re: Anthurium frost tolerance?

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium frost tolerance?
  • From: STARSELL@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:04:39 EDT

Ken,

That depends on how cold it actually got and other things too.

I once assumed that Alocasia frydek I had planted one year
when it was a new release had died.  Two seasons later I
was surprised by several little offsets that were growing quite
happily (which I promptly potted up and have to this day).

I learned not to *assume*.  It may be dead, but if it isn't bothering
anything - leave it and you just never know.

If you want to be sure, dead sure, take it up and examine the roots.

Hope this helps.

Alison