Re: Leaf bulbils

  • Subject: Re: Leaf bulbils
  • From: Christopher Rogers <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 08:27:39 -0700

How yer goin'?
Just let them fall off the leaves all on their own. In the wild they come off on their own with out rotting.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Greg Ruckert <greg@alpacamanagement.com> wrote:
As the growing season for Amorphophallus draws to a close I have a number of plants developing leaf bulbils.
What is the best way to handle these as the leaf dies down?
Do we need to use a knife to remove leaf tissue or is it safer to let the leaf tissue dessicate away from the bulbil?
Is there a risk of the bulbils rotting as the leaf collapses?
Greg Ruckert.
Nairne, South Australia.

Aroid-L mailing list

D. Christopher Rogers
Crustacean Taxonomist and Ecologist
Kansas Biological Survey
Kansas University, Higuchi Hall
2101 Constant Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66047-3759 USA

Associate Editor, Journal of Crustacean Biology

Vice President, Southwest Association of Freshwater Invertebrate Taxonomists SAFIT.ORG

Aroid-L mailing list