Re: Sick alocasia

Steve, I grow a few different types of Alocasias and some of them seem to
sulk and go dormant at unpredictable times, and I haven't yet figured out
whether there is any regular seasonal pattern.  The drooping of the
oldest, outermost leaves may be a signal of this.  I suggest that you just
be patient, back off on the watering, and wait till new sprouts come

Neal R. Foster, U.S. Department of Interior, USGS-Biological Resources Division,
Great Lakes Science Center, 1451 Green Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105-2807;
Phone [+voicemail]: (313)994-3331-x264; FAX: (313)994-8780; e-mail: