Re: Arisaema Cold Period

As we're talking about a cold period for arisaemas.  I've a bit of a
problem.  I was storing some first year A. dracontium tubers in my office
refrigerator, when the temperature control malfunctioned and the
temperature dipped to below freezing.  I'm guessing it may have gotten down
to 25F or so - the tubers were hard to the touch.   I thawed them out, but
although the tubers are now downright mushy, they are definitely a bit
softer to the touch.

Did I kill them?  Had they been planted in the ground out doors here, they
certainly work have frozen, as our frost depth is generally a foot or so.

Don Martinson
dmartin@cdmas.crc.fmlh.edu