Alocasia Black Velvet blooms

I'm not sure what the species is for the Alocasia Black Velvet (it's listed
in the Glasshouse Works web page as Black Velevt and not by its
horticultural name).

Anyway, the plant has been doing quite well this past winter and is now
putting out a bloom.  I'm curious if it's better for the plant to remove
the bloom or whether I can allow it to proceed.  If removing a bloom would
add significant strength to further leaf production, I'd rather have the
greater number of leaves.
     Les