Arum bloom rot prevention

Hi Aroiders,

The Arisaema triphyllum, Jack in the pulpit, seed that I planted
12/11/97 that were mailed to me from Don Martinson of WI are up.

Also my Arum italicum are now developing bloom pods. About a month ago I
watered a few of my Arum italicum with a diluted clorox solution hoping
this would prevent the bloom rot. Someone at a retail gardening center
recommended treating the Arums with mouthwash in early Spring to prevent
bloom rot. Has anyone had any good results by using clorox or mouthwash?

Judy Bauer
8440 Huckleberry Trl
Concord NC 28027
US plant zone 7