RE: A. titanum

Dear Aroiders-Thanks so much for all the comments regarding A. titanum
about to flower here at the University of Missouri greenhouse.  It has
grown a bit taller, but doesn't look like it will open until next week.
I've been taking photos and will continue taking more.  Thanks for the
help, Scott and Dick, to get the photos onto the web.  I also photographed
5 rooted cuttings of A.titanum that I made in December from the leaf blade
portions of several other individual plants grown from Jim's seeds.  And
I won't forget to photograph the base of the spadix, Wilbert, like you
requested, after it has opened.

Cheers,
Kathy Upton
upton@umsl.edu