Re: Pycnospatha tips wanted

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Pycnospatha tips wanted
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:29:36 -0500 (CDT)

Dear lester,

A bit of a late answer to this call but I was out in Teutonia on a holiday.
Pycnospatha is an easy one to grow. Just treat it like say Dracontium. No
direct sunlight but not dark either. Water well during growth and fertilise.
When the plant goes dormant, leave the soil to dry slowly because Pycnos
have rather strong, middle-long lasting roots that do not disappear entirely
during resting. So no total desert dry resting period. After one to three
months new growths starts and you can refrehs the soil. You may take off the
numerous offsets and multiply.