Re: Phresh Phalloids

  • Subject: Re: Phresh Phalloids
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:00:55 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Wilbert Hetterscheid <hetter@worldonline.nl>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Phresh Phalloids

Dear Wilbert,

Congrats, I look forward to getting a copy!   Keep up the good work, the
genus Amorphophallus NEEDS people like you working to enlighten the masses!

(Your web-adress 'hetter@worldonline.de' does not seem to work, the
'postmaster' sent my private mail back to me w/ a note to this effect)

Just now, Blumea 46(2) has appeared, featuring the official publication of a
number of Amorphophallus species, some of which have already been released
to you via my annual distribution. Just for ye all to know, the following
names are now official:

A. amygdaloides Hett. & M. Sizemore
A. atrorubens Hett. & M. Sizemore
A. boyceanus Hett.
A. brachyphyllus Hett.
A. dzui Hett.
A. longicomus Hett. & Serebryanyi
A. obscurus Hett. & M. Sizemore
A. ochroleucus Hett. & V.D. Nguyen
A. polyanthus Hett. & M. Sizemore
A. saururus Hett. A. scutatus Hett. & T.C. Chapman
A. sizemoreae Hett.
A. symonianus Hett. & M. Sizemore
A. synandrifer Hett. & V.D. Nguyen
A. tinekeae Hett. & A. Vogel
A. venustus Hett., A. hay & J. Mood

Simultaneously I had to say goodbye to a few existing names, that I
synonimised with others:

A. arnautovii & A. pingbianensis both now synonyms of A. coaetaneus
A. erubescens now under A. muelleri
A. odoratus & A. mellii now under A. dunnii
A. pachystylis now under A. krausei

I guess you all who have A. odoratus just LOOOOOOOOVE this................

Question: I have had no contact whatsoever with Tim Chapman for several
years, since he suddenly seemed to disappear from our mists. Am. scutatus is
published with his authorship too, as i had promised him long ago. Could
anyone who has contact with him, mention this? Thanks. Or maybe tell me how
I can find him again.