Re: Caladium lovers

  • Subject: Re: Caladium lovers
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:40:07 -0500 (CDT)

Joe and Other Aroiders:

I suspect the August "23" is a typo. and it should probably be Saturday,
August 25th. However, I will defer to Joe to correct this error and make
it Thursday or Saturday.

While we are on the subject of Caladiums...Our topic and speaker at our
IAS bimonthly meeting on Monday, August 27 at Fairchild Tropical Garden,
Coral Gables Florida, 7:30 PM will be:
"100 Years of Caladium Growing and Breeding" by Dr. Gary Wilfret. Dr.
Wilfret is a world renowned plant geneticist and hybridizer of this very
beautiful and economically important genus. Dr. Wilfret is retired from
the University of Florida, and is responsible for the introduction of
numerous new Caladium hybrids to the world horticultural market. If you
can, Please plan on attending.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida