[aroid-l] Suran in Season?

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Suran in Season?
  • From: "Randy Story" story@caltech.edu
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:59:12 -0700

Hi,

I am curious whether anyone has found Suran (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius)
in a grocery store this year, or knows when it will be in season. It would
most likely be found in an Indian or perhaps a more general Asian market.
My mom tried the shop where Bill Weaver found some last year, with no luck.
I checked out the Los Angeles (Artesia) markets this weekend, again
unsuccessfully.  I'm particularly interested in whether people have seen it
in either the Los Angeles or San Francisco Bay Area, although I'm sure
others would be interested if it is available elsewhere.

Thanks,

Randy

For those on both Aroid-L and Bulbous_Aroids, sorry for the duplication.
For those who didn't know there is another list, Aroid-L is
http://www.aroid.org/aroid_l/  and Bulbous_Aroids is :