Re: [aroid-l] Dry heat death for aroids?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dry heat death for aroids?
  • From: "BambooChik" bamboochik@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:36:30 -0500

Leslie, some more suggestions I thought of after I sent my first response:
Mulch! mulch! and more mulch!  Also, you could make some water filled
pebble beds to set the pots on for added humidity directly surrounding the
plants.  Where there's a will there's a way!

 I am a nut for cactus and succulents even though I live on a wetland. I
deal with them the best I can, altering conditions when possible, they live
on just fine in raised beds and pots filled with desert type soil and roof
covers of clear fiberglass and sometimes oscillating fans if the air is
very still in order to drop the humidity around them.

Is there nothing we won't do for our plant children? ;-)  Sincerely,
deb/S.AL