Re: [aroid-l] Aroid Cook Book

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Aroid Cook Book
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:55:47 +0000

>From: elizabeth@begoniac.com
>To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Aroid Cook Book
>Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:44:17 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Elizabeth and Friends,

'Chubas' is a new word for me, Elizabeth---this veggie is labled as 'malanga' at Publix and W/Dixie here in Florida, cents a pound!!   Do you know where the word 'chubas' is used or originates??   I LOVE the word!!

The curried Chicken was done using Xanthosoma cf. sagittifolia (in place of potatoes),  Dr. Goncalves says he suspects this  is actually X. robustum.

>Chubas are aroid tubers.  I think Julius used xanthosoma in that dish.

The Best,