RE: [Aroid-l] Ants

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Ants
  • From: "danny wilson" <mudwasp_@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:31:38 -0700

sarracenia purpurea would be a good one to try, make sure to keep it in its pot though.  a few species of drosera might do well too.  cover them from frost in teh winter.  if all else fails, repot!  or, add worms to the pots that have ant nests.  not sure if it will do anything, might destroy the nests.

>From: Floral Architecture <floralartistry2000@yahoo.com>
>To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
>Subject: [Aroid-l] Ants
>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
>Does anyone have thoughts on carnivorous plants in the
>garden to deal with ants? I have at least 10 colonies
>in various locations in my pots. They get a little
>testy when I water. I always walk away from the garden
>felling like I am covered in them. I would like to try
>a few Sarracenias in various locations to seee if the
>ants would be attracted to them at all.
>If not, the pitchers make great cut foliage in
>John Ingram in L.A., CA.
>www.floralarchitecture.com check it out
>310.709.1613 (cell, west coast time, please call accordingly. Thank you)
>Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list