RE: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Great Pistia!
  • From: "Bryant, Harry E." <HEBryant@scj.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:10:41 -0500

Thoughts on invasion vs introduction.  Who makes the decisions?  I'm sure that when the TVA introduced Kudzu for erosion control they thought it was tharmless.  Take a drive along any road in TN and SC and you tell me what whether the decision to introduce didn't become an accidental invasion that costs an incredible toll.  I'm not sure that scientists, much less, hobbists are always capable or desirous of seeing the potential for invasion.  Nature doesn't need help in deciding sucession of species.  She generally does a pretty good job without our help.

Harry