Re: [Aroid-l] And again new additions to the website

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] And again new additions to the website
  • From: Chanrit Sinhabaedya siamanthus@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 02:24:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Wilbert,

I was surprised to know about the existence of Amorphophallus bangkokensis as nowaday, there is no Amophophallus exist naturally in Bangkok anymore. Very interesting!

Chanrit Sinhabaedya

Wilbert Hetterscheid <hetter@xs4all.nl> wrote:
Folks,

Thanks to a very efficient working Albert, we have yet another set of
additions of pictures to the IAS website to announce:

First we have finally created a separate page for Pseudodracontium. The link
to the Moscow webpage on that genus has long been defunct and we have waited
long enough. Now there is a new introductory page and a species list and pix
of all species. Enjoy.

To Amorphophallus have been added pix of the following species:

albispathus
amygdaloides
angulatus
angustispathus
asterostigmatus
beccarii
bulbifer
declinatus
dracontioides
impressus
infundibuliformis
julaihii (only quite recently published as a new species)
kachinensis
konkanensis
krausei
longicomus
mangelsdorffii (recently described as a new species)
operculatus

paeoniifolius "bangkokensis": now this is a bit of a mysterious thing. It
has an inflorescence identical to paeoniifolius proper but much smaller but
the offsets of this one are thin and long and the petiole smooth and quite
difrerently patterned than any I have ever seen in paeoniifolius. This may
in fact be what has been described by Gagnepain as Amorphophallus
bangkokensis. I synonimised that species under paeoniifolius thus far but I
am beginning to think I may have to accept it as a proper species after all
now that I have seen it in its entirety.

pendulus
sinuatus
sizemoreae
synandrifer