[Aroid-l] titanum just opened

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] titanum just opened
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" mmarcotr@email.smith.edu
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:15:32 -0400

Wow. We thought we had a few more days to get the press engaged but our titanum opened this morning. Probably only a day or two left I presume so if you are in New England and want an uncrowded view come to Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts. Since the corm was about 40 pounds, the bloom is not huge but nevertheless a once in a lifetime for many who will never get to Sumatra or the few greenhousese that have blooming sized plants.

We will try to get a web cam installed today. If interested try,

Michael Marcotrigiaino, Director
Smith College Botanic Garden
Nortampton, MA 01063

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College, Lyman Conservatory, College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Aroid-l mailing list