[Aroid-l] Typhonium venosum problem

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Typhonium venosum problem
  • From: Kirk Martin kwmartin@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:31:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hello everyone,

Growing question here....

I have several Typhonium venosum that I grew from bulbs and bulblets this summer.
Recently I noticed that the plants from the smaller bulbs looked like the leaves had burned from excessive sunlight and slowly curled up.  Then the plants lost vigor and slightly slumped over before completely vanishing.
The older plants from larger bulbs are going strong in the same pot.
Is it possible the smaller ones entered dormancy or does it sound like a pest hit them?

I haven't dug up any of the bulblets to see their condition yet.

Any thoughts?

My A. paeonifolius is growing very well along with A. bulbifer (separate pots) and my large A. konjac grew about 10 inches tall and STOPPED right before the leaf emerged.  My paeonifolius did that last year and restarted growth about September 15th just in time for fall.  Gotta love these crazy plants.

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg, Mass