[Aroid-l] Ginormous Xanthosoma Dr Croat??

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Ginormous Xanthosoma Dr Croat??
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:09:50 -0400

I figured I would ask on aroid-L if Dr Croat could share his photo of a huge Xanthosoma species. He showed me a photo last year at the aroid show of a bluish looking Xanthosoma with ripples throughout the leaves. I believe Croat you were in the pic under it. You told me the trunks were as large as you legs. I have been thinking about the plant and was wondering were the photo was taken and if you could post it up for all to see or send me the photo and I can put it up on the ID website. From what I could remember it looked to out do Alocasia robusta in size? It maybe the largest aroids I have seen I would think Julius would be interested in seeing this, extremely impressive plant. THANKS