Re: [Aroid-l] Thyphonium nubicum vs Typhonium venosum 'Indian Giant'?

Ty. venosum 'Indian Giant' is simply a cultivar of the species. There is
no real, important difference between the species and the cultivar, as
is true with every cultivar.

In my own experience with 'Indian Giant', and I grow both that and the
regular species, is that it grows a much larger leaf, eventually a
larger tuber, faster, and the petioles are spotted more sparsely. I
consider the petiole patterning of 'Indian Giant' to be more attractive
by far. Of course that's personal taste.

I have never heard of T. nubicum but I am in no way a Typhonium expert.

-Ken Mosher