Re: [Aroid-l] Dracontium iquitense

Nice pictures! That looks like a really neat species, and I hope that it can become widely established in cultivation.

I was particularly interested in the close up of the tuber, which depicted the offsets quite well. I have read about how Dracontium produces off sets at the margin of the petiole base. My Dracontium does no such thing. Is there a way that I can stimulate them to produce offsets?

Happy days,

D. Christopher Rogers

Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

(530) 406-1178

707 Dead Cat Alley

Suite 201

Woodland, CA 95695 USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

● Invertebrate Ecological Studies

● Bioassessment and Study Design

● Endangered Invertebrate Species

● Invasive Invertebrate Species

● Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

● Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ● Bozeman, MT ● Woodland, CA ● Joplin, MO ● Selinsgrove, PA