Re: Stolen plant

  • Subject: Re: Stolen plant
  • From: "Harry Luther" <hluther@selby.org>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:41:05 -0400

Piper?   HEL

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com
[mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]On Behalf Of Ertelt, Jonathan B
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 1:34 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Stolen plant

Michael,

I will bow to other authorities here, but the vining heart-shaped leaves
do bot, I don't believe, belong to an aroid. My first reaction is to
suggest a member of the milweed family, perrhaps a Dischidia, but they
uniformly have opposite leaves, not alternate as this one does. It maybe a
Piper species. To be honest, I'm not as well versed with the old world
aroid tropicals as numerous others on this list - but my suggestion is
that you may want to explore some other groups, not just the aroids. Good
luck - l;et us know.

Jonathan