Re: Amorphophallus aberrans help

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus aberrans help
  • From: ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:20:50 -0400

It's hard to tell from your photos but Am aberrans has a remarkable
variation in petiole color and markings.  Some of them are lettuce
green with only a few streaks or elongate silver/white spots while some
of them have nearly black/purple petioles and then there are those that
have combinations of everything inbetween.  That having been said, I
have about 75 aberrans and they have leaflets are are more elliptical
and less pointed than your illustrations.  Also, aberran's corm is
elongated but much like a parsnip or carrot not long and pencil-like.

Ron McHatton
Central Florida, Zone 9B