Re: Gbberellic acid and BIG OOPS!!

  • Subject: Re: Gbberellic acid and BIG OOPS!!
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

You want to try it and risk killing your plants then by all means do it but be sure to post result. They talk about GA4+7 and BA (benzyladenine) and GA3 and also GA3 alone. Mixing hormones may be safer/better. Sure that website says that it will increase flowers but what they dont mention is that at the end of the growing season, your calla lily will probably not have formed much of a bulb or may just die. This is good for them anyway because if your plant dies at the end of the season the you come back and buy more. Same thing if you are left with a small bulb and your plant is small the next season, you'll want a healthy plant and buy a new one. Just because you can make a plant do something, doesnt mean that is is the best choice for the plant.

I suppose that if for the sake of research you need a flower then sure, who cares if your plant is stunted or dies, you got your flower. But just dont forget I told yah so. :-)

 It seems reasonable that mixing hormones will work. Ive mixed hormones and achieved outstanding results. But I promise you, GA3 alone can be very bad poured into the soil.

I also know all plants are different but be that as it may, GA3 on tuber/roots/rhizomes Will retard and kill them 99% of the time. However Im sure there are some odd ball plants out there that defy the norm. You may be able to force the tubers with ga3 however you will have more success with ethylene. I was able to force nearly all my amorphophallus with ethylene. However, I had a problem with my green house and could not keep them warm so some of them died or went back to sleep. Next season, this problem will have been solved. Using GA3, 6-BA, Indole acetic acid (IAA) and Triacontanol all together in a solution with proper fertilization, Ive been able to extract 3-7 years worth of growth in a single season from many different plants. Succulents preform very well as do trees. While Ive achieved superior tuber growth with Indole acetic acid (IAA) and even Indole Butyric Acid. How ever IAA Is my favorite auxin to use as it is the most active auxin out of all of the auxins. IBA is good for encouraging fine root growth and root growth on cuttings. While Indole acetic acid (IAA) encourages large root growth and a tuber is basically a large root .

Interestingly, Triacontanol can cause your flowers to grow very large. But it can also cause them to mutate so be prepared.

I refuse to
participate in the in the recession.