Overwintering Arisaemas in NYC

  • Subject: Overwintering Arisaemas in NYC
  • From: Neal Weissman <nweissma@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:22:59 -0400

I live in NYC. I have 2 A. propinquums, grown from corms of unknown maturity, and potted since May 24 of this year. They are both sporting exceptionally healthy foliage (no spathe-spadix yet). From what I have been reading, it appears that overwintering them indoors is adequate, where an ambient temperature of 65-70 degrees will be maintained. What else do I need to know: is it normal that they will lose their foliage, or is foliage-loss a symptom of illness?