Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron crassinervium inflorescence
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:20:40 -0500

Thanks so much Marcus!  I will add these photos and your information regarding P. crassinervium to the page right away! Your inflorescence is very much like Schott's painting.  I also received a private note from Anna Haige at Kew and she saw little difference in Mauro's photo and the drawing as well.  I suppose it is the term "boat shaped" that makes some of our eyes do double takes.

Steve Lucas

Marcus Nadruz wrote:
Oi Steve,

I collected two species here in Rio de Janeiro. Are distinct species. P. alternatum does not occur in areas near the sea, but in forests up to 500 meters. I am sending pictures for you.

Graziela Barroso (19570 cited the species in publication as distinct from P. crassinervium and P. longilaminatum.

> I'm trying to find a photo of the inflorescence of Philodendron crassinervium for a new web page.  The plant has two synonyms I'm aware of including Philodendron alternans and Philodendron lanceolatum although there is some difference of opinion on whether or not the two are species or synonymous with P. crassinervium.  Before you tell me here they aren't synonyms please read what I've written on the page. After that, if you wish to respond please do so.  I just try to post what the scientific texts say.
> If any of you have photos of the spathe and spadix please drop me a line.  I'll gladly give you credit for your photo on the page.

> http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20crassinervium%20Philodendron%20lanceolatum.pc.html

> Thanks!
> Steve Lucas
> www.ExoticRainforest.com
> Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

Marcus A. Nadruz Coelho
Pesquisador Titular III
Diretoria de Pesquisas
Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botanico do Rio de
21 32042144