Re: Need amorphophallus ID

  • Subject: Re: Need amorphophallus ID
  • From: Jason Sarine <jasondsarine@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:59:16 -0700

There are varying forms of any plant species. I myself have two different clones of paeonifolius one with big "leaves" as you mention and some with a finely dissected leaf. Just because the leaf is not exactly the same as another clone you are comparing it to does not rule it out as that species. Look at A. Konjac for example, there is knightstick, leo song, gordons gold, shattered glass, and pinto. Despite their various appearances they are all nonetheless A. Konjac.  Wilbert Hetterscheid is one of the guys that would know, and for what its worth I agree with him on his identification.

Jason