Re: Fertility of Pseudohydrosme

  • Subject: Re: Fertility of Pseudohydrosme
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 21:27:17 +0200

I guess though that preserving pollen of one individual plant, freezing it and trying it next year on female flowers in case of a second flowering event of the same individual plant, might just work. My attempts were made in one and the same season, so I ran into the often encountered fact that the stigmas are no longer receptive when in the same inflorescence the males open. I called it outcrossing because in real life one plant cannot fertilize itself and there is no sigh of apomixis (so farâââ..).

Lord P.