FW: Source of My Titan

Whaddayaknow! I myself was on this Symon/Hetterscheid/Attenborough
expedition....... We collected the vast majority (90%) of the titanum-seeds
from a gigantic infructescence you can see in Aroideana 19, page 14, fig.
18. I don't right now remember the infruct photo in Attenborough's book, but
you can compare it to the one in Aroideana and see if it matches. I can tell
you all that the thrill of running into such a giant fruiting monster was
overwhelming.........and then we started to pick the berries for you
people....... That was a big job. When we washed them in water to clean off
the flesh of the berries we all got terribly itchy hands. The things we
do.......

So that was the source of your titanum.

What worries me a little, people, is the great confusion already noticable
here and there about the sources of aroid material. I sure hope you all make
it a goal to keep track of your sources as much as possible. I myself depend
on you all to do this when I distribute material from the research
collection. In the event of losing valuable material here in Holland, I will
be able to trace you hoping to be able to get something back to make up for
the loss. In such cases keeping the data with the plants you recieve IS
important. O.k., enough whining....... See you in St. Louis.

Say, is it really 40+ Celsius out there?

Cheers,
Wilbert