Safe arrival & more experiments.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Safe arrival & more experiments.
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:22:05 -0600 (CST)

Thanks to Susan Cox for the Arisaema candidissimum pollen. It was washed
off the paper with several eyedroppers of distilled water and used to fill
the throats of (its not what it sounds like) female Arisaema ringens,
triphyllum 'albescens', and a just unfurling triphyllum 'Holmdel Giant'
(checked to make sure no stray anthers were present to preclude self
pollination). Some fluid was saved - hurry up taiwanenses! Kaichen 1999
A-05 has just 2 stalks of 2 leaves each, no blooms, and a 1999 A-10 looks
like some kind of Typhonium, one stalk with 4 leaves and no bloom. I must
remember to bring my camera to the lab. Arisaema [triphyllum x
nepenthoides] starting to resprout and flavum CC1292 just removed from
refridgeration and placed on the surface of 1/2 a pot of dry soil until
sproouting begins. I am holding back some triphyllums, which come up very
quickly, in refridgeration to coincide with the flavums.
Dracunculus vulgaris coming up .... what if?
----The mad scientist.