Re: Philodendron selloum

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron selloum
  • From: "Clarence Hammer" <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:26:24 -0600 (CST)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion.  Very
interesting, and enlightening.  I did not
know that selloum/bipinnatifidum were considered the same in any circles,
but being 'at large' for my entire
'Aroid life', information has always been hard to come by.

Does the selloum variety 'Uruguay' still exist somewhere?  My old Exotica
references a 'German Selloum'
from German seed considered a more graceful form, finely cut and wavy leaf

What about bipinnatifidum 'Seaside'?   or lundii 'Sao Paulo'?  Still in

Petra, where in zone 7B are you with the winter hardy selloum?  Are you
protecting in any way?