RE: Another Anthurium

  • Subject: RE: Another Anthurium
  • From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:54:44 -0600 (CST)

Dear Harry:
This does not appear to be Anthurium hookeri which has scalariform veins (ladder-like) extending between the primary lateral veins.  You can definitively prove it one way or the other though.  If your plant has tiny black glandular dots on the lower surface and/or if it has supervolute vernation (rather than involute vernation) it is A. hookeri.  If it lacks either it is a member of Anthurium section Pachyneurium series Pachyneurium.

    Tom