Rot Prevention

  • Subject: Rot Prevention
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" <bill_weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:29:15 -0600 (CST)

Okay, maybe I stirred up a hornets nest here. What I was trying to do
was find a way to insure that my dormant tubers come back next year.
I store my dormant plants under the bench still potted up in their pots.
I do not disturb them to re-pot until I see signs of growth. During the time

they are dormant I find it a good idea to keep them very slightly moist so
that
they don't desiccate during their dormancy. I was just wondering if it might

be a better idea to use hydrogen peroxide instead of water as the moistening

agent during dormancy.

Bill Weaver
bill_weaver@hp.com