Re: Philodendron winterbournii? ("Xanadu")

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron winterbournii? ("Xanadu")
  • From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:10:04 -0600 (CST)

Arno and others
I understand Tom Croat is planning to write up P."Xanadu" as a good
species and call it P. winterbournii or similar. I don't know where this
is at currently, perhaps Tom can advise. I do know that Tom and Julius
were convinced that this plant is a good species and not a sport of
P.bipinattifidum as claimed.

The other plant you mention P."Millenium", is a poor mans version of
"Xanadu". I have it and it has been pretty disappointing for me as I
can't get it to give me leaves that are close to what I'd call mature
ones. If the "finders" of this one are claiming they found this as a
sport in a bunch of bipinnatifidum seed as well, then I think that is
taking coincidences too far!

Arno, what do you grow up your way? Are you a Philo person like me? If
so we should correspond and see if we can do some mutual swaps.
Cheers
Neil

Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia