Re: Joke plant site

  • Subject: Re: Joke plant site
  • From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdel.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:22:50 -0600 (CST)

Susan, John, et al:

	The Shady Deals website was written primarily by one of my college
classmates Larry Hatch, who now operates the New Ornamentals Online
Database from his office in Raleigh.
http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/nos.html

	There are a few other with warped minds that offered input.

At 09:14 AM 12/20/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Susan,
>
>I LOVED this site! Thank  you so much for posting it. For those who know
>who wrote it, if it's not a secret, I'd love to congratulate the authors.
>
>My only problem with the site is that I want to tell everyone about it,
>but nobody but a plant catalog obsessive like me can appreciate the jokes.
>Even a simple one like "Acer grisham, the paperback maple" requires that
>you know the latin AND common names of plants AND recognize the catalog
>format of Glasshouse Works; ie the aroid listers will understand it , but
>my friends and family just go, "So?"
>
>Oh, wait, I do know a couple of landscape architects I can tell about
>it...
>
>John Smolowe
>Menlo Park, CA
>
>"Cooper, Susan L." wrote:
>
>> Check out this plant site.  It's only for laughs, but does have aroids!
>> http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/shady.html
>>
>> Susan

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @