Re: [aroid-l] Hope Thursday went Ok

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Hope Thursday went Ok
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:26:30 EST

In a message dated 12/15/02 11:52:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hortma@yahoo.com writes:

> Linda, what exactly is the charge? Growing a stinky plant? It doesn't seem
> possible. Do you have to get rid of it or your whole garden?
> Val-MI.

Hi Val
Not just one Amorphophallus, that one just happened to be mentioned.  They
object to the variety of plants in my garden.  I have mixed beds of many
types of plants, a hibiscus next to a Brunfelsia next to a Colocasia, next to
a Sansieveria next to a heliconia next to a Costus.  They are all trimmed
back behind a white brick edging.  From the street some ignorant people don't
know what they are looking at so they just interpret the mixed plants as
weeds or a "jungle".
If I were growing 20 feet of ixora or plumbago they would calm down because
they recognize those plants, but I like a mixed garden.
My point is that as long as everything is trimmed back I have a right to grow
as many varieties as I like, and my choices can't be held back by the most
ignorant people in the neighborhood.  My nearest neighbors agree with me.
I can send anyone a photo of my garden out front that they want me to