Re: [aroid-l] Philodendron x evansii

At 09:07 AM 12/10/2003, Thomas.Croat@mobot.org wrote:

        All things Brazilian, and especially Philodendron seem to be offered
as seed by Siedel in Sao Paulo.  You might contact Brian Williams since he
has seedlings of quite a lot of Siedel's material.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! all people who want X evansii! the bad news is the X evansii in the local trade here in California is not what it looks like in EXOTICA. it is not nearly as extreme. imagine my horror, my disappointment. i have some old X evansii buried in the Greenhouse, in a tangle of Monsteras and other stuff, and the leaves are marvellously attenuated and they simply scream X EVANSII at me. the newer stuff is just another V shaped leaf. In fact, i would very much like MORE real X evansii, since it is not a rampant grower for me.

I was hoping somebody would know where to get it.